The Dust Muzzle Ultra is the first completely universal dust collector for grinders. It fits all round head and square head electric and pneumatic grinders. For smaller bearing housings, the flexible adapter ring is used. For larger diameter bearing housings the flexible adapter ring is necessary.
By using the spacer washers, the Dust Muzzle Ultra can accommodate all diamond cup wheels, soft pads, polishing pads and abrasive wheels.
Disconnect your grinder from its power source
1. If necessary, put the ADAPTER RING (1) over the BEARING HOUSING (2) of the grinder. The adapter ring will not be needed on BEARING HOUSINGS (2) over 2.4” in diameter.
2. Trim the FINGERS (3) so the SKIRT (4) of the Dust Muzzle extends 1/16 to 1/8 “ below the face of the ABRASIVE DISK (5). The SKIRT (4) of the Dust Muzzle should touch the work slightly before the ABRASIVE DISK (5). The easiest way to trim the FINGERS (3) is with a scissors.
3. Place the HOSE CLAMP (6) over the FINGERS (3) of the Dust Muzzle. Put the FINGERS (3) of the Dust Muzzle over the BEARING HOUSING (2) or the ADAPTER RING (1) (if it is used) and tighten the Dust Muzzle so that the EXHAUST PORT (7) is facing toward the handle of the grinder.
4. Use the SPACER WASHERS (8) if necessary to make small adjustments in the height of the ABRASIVE DISK (5).
5. Use the CABLE TIE (9) to secure the vacuum hose to the handle of the grinder.
6. The Dust Muzzle Ultra can accommodate a 1” vacuum hose by inserting the male fitting of the hose into the exhaust port (7) or a 1 ½” hose by removing the end fitting of the hose and sliding the hose over the exhaust port (7) of the Dust Muzzle.
The Dust Muzzle is unconditionally guaranteed against manufacturers defects.
1. Adapter Ring
6. Hose Clamp